This training course is focusing on giving insights into youth work, its essentials, including non-formal education, competences and recognition across Europe. During the course, we will explore topics, such as:
- What is youth work at European level and who is a youth worker
- Differences and specificities between formal, non-formal and informal education
- Youth Work Competences
- Recognition of youth work across Europe
- To define youth work and take insights into the definition and classification of youth workers at European level,
- To explain differences and specific aspects of three types of education: formal, non-formal and informal,
- To present essential youth work competences to be required to work with young people,
- To identify examples and introduce cases about the qualification and recognition of youth work in larger Europe.
By the end of the training course, you will be equipped with general knowledge on what youth work is, what are definitions of various types of education, what kind of competences are required from youth worker to work with young people and the presence of youth work qualifications and recogition of it at European level.
By the end of the training course, you will get a certificate of achievement if more than 60 per cent of the course is achieved.